As of 9 PM last Saturday evening, the Excessive Heat Warning expired. It had been in effect since last Tuesday. I don't recall ever having a warning like that around here. Saturday was the last of four consecutive days of 100+ temperatures. I had to get up to mow greens yesterday. It was borderline chilly. This morning was even cooler. It was very pleasant for a change.
Last Friday afternoon, my air conditioner quit. It began blowin hot air and then the fan or compressor would not come on. I decided to wait till today to call a repairman. Regardless of who or how many calls I made, I figured that it would be sometime this week before anyone would get to me. A couple of nights in a hot house wasn't gonna hurt me. I worked till noon and called a company when I got home. Believe it or not, a crew was finishing up a job near me. In 15-20 minutes they were here. Turns out I had two problems. A transformer in my furnace quit. That is why the fan or compressor would not come. A replacement transformer took care of that problem. The lack of cool air was caused by a slow leak of freon on the outside part of the air conditioner. It is a 3-4 hr. fix. The guys said they would do it first thing in the AM if they didn't have to go somewhere else first. So I think by the weekend's return of 90+ degree temperatures, I will have a cool house.
Saw this car in the local Walmart parking lot today. Someone got found themselves in a hailstorm somewhere. My insurance agent and myself are glad that it isn't my car. I'm pretty sure he prefers that I write checks to him. Not sure how one would fix the damage. It wouldn't be cheap!!
For the past several years there has been talk of a Tim Horton's coffee shop comin to Bryan. They started movin dirt around this afternoon. It will be tween McDonald's and Sonics in front of the local Walmart. I wonder how they will do. I know I'm happy with 'gas station' coffee.
I get tomorrow off due to lack of long, green grass needin cut. Not sure about Wednesday. Boss said to come in, but don't be surprised if he calls and says not to come in. Maybe if it is cool, we'll cut down a couple dead ash trees. Still plenty of them around.
No comments:
Post a Comment